Cape Cod is the perfect escape to relax, un-wind and breathe against the backdrop of the Cape’s natural beauty, especially after being at home for up to three months. You deserve a well-needed break, and so we prepare for your return taking the time to reassess every aspect of our operating procedures and standards in response to COVID-19.
The health and safety of our guests and staff remain our top priority. While we’ve always adhered to the highest cleaning standards we have implemented additional procedures that comply with the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and the Massachusetts Safety Standards for Lodging Operators. These procedures include check-in, breakfast service, afternoon refreshments, housekeeping and check-out. We are highlighting these procedures so you will know what to expect and feel safe and secure during your stay.
These additional procedures do require the cooperation and commitment of everyone as we work together to maintain a safe environment. Just know that we will help you navigate through this new reality to help make your Cape Cod stay peaceful and relaxing.
Extra Precautions Taken Prior to Your Arrival
Given current travel restrictions in Massachusetts, guests from restricted states are notified of the requirements so that they can plan and adjust accordingly. Guests are asked to reschedule if they are sick, have a fever, have been exposed to the virus or unable to comply with the Massachusetts requirements. We continue to monitor any updates to these travel restrictions.
In the event of a cancellation, we have reinstated our standard cancellation policy requiring 14 days notice in advance of the stay. Cancellations made after 14 days of arrival will be provided a credit towards a future stay within 1 year of cancellation.
A Warm Welcome Awaits You…at a Distance
Check-in time is between 3pm – 6pm. Arriving guests are asked to park in our private parking lot in the rear of the inn and call us to coordinate a socially distant check-in. This process will help to ensure that we do not have multiple check-ins at the same time.
- Guests are required to wear facial masks upon check-in and in common areas (except while dining or if unable to wear due to a medical condition or disability) and asked to practice social distancing while in common areas.
- Upon check-in, guests will be provided a check-in envelope that includes sanitized room keys and a copy of COVID-19 Rules of Engagement. A socially distant tour will be provided to reinforce procedures and answer any questions.
- Guests arriving after 6pm should contact us to arrange for a contactless late check-in.
Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitizing
Guest rooms are always cleaned and sanitized prior to check-in. Additional procedures that follow CDC guidelines and the Massachusetts Safety Standards are being implemented.
- Rooms will be left vacant for 24 hours after checkout, whenever possible.
- Extra room items such as throw pillows, books and other non-essential items are removed from the room but are available upon request.
There will be no daily housekeeping refresh of rooms during a multi-night stay, unless requested.
- If additional towels/linen are needed, guests should place soiled towels/linen in the laundry bag provided and placed outside the door. Staff will replace fresh towels/linen.
- Guests are also asked to place the trash bin outside the door, before leaving for the day.
- Upon check-out, rooms are stripped of all bed linen, blankets, towels, pillows and bedspreads, including shower curtains and liners. They are inserted into laundry bags and washed/dried at the highest temperature setting. All surfaces are cleaned and sanitized with commercial grade disinfectant.
Common areas are cleaned and sanitized daily and high touch surfaces disinfected regularly with commercial grade sanitizer. Sanitizing gel and wipes are available throughout the common areas for use by guests and staff.
Relax and Enjoy the Ambience and Hospitality
You can look forward to a freshly prepared gourmet breakfast served daily at a reserved table. After a day of exploring the Cape you will be welcomed back with the aroma of fresh baked goods. We will also continue to cater to any dietary restrictions or dislikes.
To ensure socially distant dining and comply with mandatory state guidelines we are implementing the following procedures:
- Breakfast will be served between 8:30am and 9:45am. Tables will be set in both dining rooms and we will move tables on the porch, pending weather. In the case of inclement weather that limits outdoor dining we will introduce two seating for breakfast: 8:30am and 9:15am. Guests will be asked to sign up by 6pm the prior evening.
- Servers will wear face masks and gloves during breakfast service and will wash hands before and after every guest interaction
- Tables will not be pre-set. Clean/sanitized napkins, silverware, glasses, mugs, and condiments will be set that morning.
- A ‘Grab and Go’ breakfast will be available for those guests who prefer not to have a sit down breakfast. This option must be requested the evening prior.
All self-service beverages and common-use appliances are available in the kitchen. Guests are asked to enjoy AND wipe down with a sanitizing wipe before and after use.
- Afternoon snacks and home baked goods will be individually wrapped and available for guests to enjoy.
- Bags of ice will be available, upon request. Notify us if there’s a need to refrigerate medication or other special items.
We will continue to be your personal Concierge, providing you with insight into activities, dining and Cape Cod happenings during your stay.
- If planning to go to the beach: Complimentary use of beach towels and beach chairs are available, upon request. Beach chairs are sanitized after each guest use. We ask that you return them to a designated area so that they can be sanitized for the next guest to use.
- If planning for a day trip to Martha’s Vineyard or Nantucket: Notify us the evening prior if you’ll be joining us for a sit down breakfast or if you’d prefer a boxed breakfast to take with you.
- If relaxing on-property: Enjoy the seating available on the property. They will be sanitized and wiped down multiple times daily.
- If watching an in-room movie: Select the movie from the DVD library and notify us if you’d like popcorn. Any watched DVDs should be placed in the basket by the DVD library so that they can be sanitized and returned to the library for other guests to use.
Remember, we are always close-by and can be reached by phone or text. Ask about extra add-ons to make your time with us extra special. Note: We will need at least 24 hours to fulfill your request.
- A bottle of wine or Prosecco
- Cheese/Fruit Snack Plate
- Picnic basket lunches
- Late arrival bites
Bidding you Adieu….Checking-out
There comes a time when we have to say good-bye. While we are unable to give hugs know that we appreciate your patronage and will always welcome your return.
- Any balance will be charged to the card on file the evening prior, unless otherwise instructed upon check-in.
- Any DVDs should be placed in the basket by the DVD library so that they can be sanitized and returned to the library for other guests to use.
- Please leave room keys in the labeled basket in the kitchen on our way out the back door.