When the cold weather washes over Cape Cod, nothing warms your body and soul like a soothing cup of tea. There’s never been a convenient place for cozy gatherings like this in our area before, but now there is!
We’re thrilled to be able to invite you and your friends, family, or a special someone to our new Cape Cod tea room at the Captain Farris House during the off-season. It’s the perfect place to unwind after some holiday shopping, local festivities, or simply celebrate a special occasion. Come join us for a truly enchanting experience at our inn!
Information About Our Cape Cod Tea Room
- Open Thursdays to Sundays from November through May
- Seating is available at 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Reservations are required
What Makes Our Cape Cod Tea Room So Special?
If you’ve ever visited the Captain Farris House before, then you’re already familiar with our charming dining room and courtyard space. If not, you’re in for an incredible new experience because this elegant area becomes the venue for our off-season tea gatherings. There are 12 tables available with seating for up to 24 people. Plus, we can set up the sitting rooms in our suites for extra meeting spaces for special events. You’ll feel right at home as you spend quality time together relaxing over traditional afternoon tea and captivating conversations!
Available for private functions, baby and bridal showers, birthdays, and meetings.
Of course, you can expect to pair the beautiful atmosphere with the delicious offerings on our afternoon tea menu. All food is prepared on-site daily using fresh and local ingredients. Gluten-free and vegetarian options are available. Please inform us if there are any food allergies when you make your reservations, and we will cater to your requirements.
Here’s a taste of what to expect:
Afternoon Tea Selections
(Includes your choice of hot or iced tea, cocoa, milk or lemonade)
- Full Afternoon Tea (for one) $24.95 – A delicious selection of seasonal fruit, scones, assorted tea sandwiches, and sweets served on a three-tiered tray
* Extra Scone $2.50 * Extra Sandwich $2.25 * Sharing charge $5.00
- Full Afternoon Tea (for two) $34.95 – Full afternoon tea with additional tea sandwiches to share
- Light Tea $16.95 – One scone with lemon curd, Devonshire cream and fruit preserves, and a selection of tea sandwiches
- Prince/Princess Tea $12.95 – Fresh fruit, Goldfish crackers, choice of peanut butter and jam or cream cheese and jam tea sandwiches, sugar cookies, and cupcakes
- Cream Tea $9.95 – Two scones with lemon curd, Devonshire cream, and fruit preserves
- Dessert Tea $9.95 – Selection of desserts with tea
(20% gratuity is added for parties of six or more.)
Selection of Teas
- Assam, Doomni Estate: Small, tippy black tea leaves yield a full, sweet flavor, balanced enough to blend well with milk or stand on its own
- Earl Grey: A full leaf, single-estate Ceylon tea from Sri Lana, scented with 100% pure bergamot oil
- Jasmine Pearls: Gently rolled pearls of South-China green tea scented with fresh jasmine blossoms (It’s a very aromatic cup with a lingering sweetness.)
- Nantou Four Seasons: Grown in central Taiwan, it has a nectar-like sweetness and floral aroma.
- Chamomile: A beloved classic with calming notes of honey and fig (The whole flowers, harvested in Croatia, have a sweet fragrance.)
- Lemon Ginger: This warming, comforting, herbal blend is made from ginger, lemongrass, linden, and marigold.
- Mint: This is an aromatic and smooth tea.
- Rooibos: A full-bodied infusion packed with antioxidants.
As if our Cape Cod tea room couldn’t get any more enticing, it’s also in a convenient location in South Yarmouth, MA. That puts you in the heart of the Cape, meaning you have easy access to all your favorite attractions and things to do in the area before or after your visit to the Captain Farris House. Plus, we’re a short walk away from the Cultural Center of Cape Cod and all of their fun, year-round events! All in all, there’s no better place to enjoy a warm cup of tea and memorable social gatherings.
Book Your Tea Time Today! Reservations required. Call 508-760-2818
We’d love to host you in our new Cape Cod tea room for your next special occasion, romantic date, or gathering with friends. And, we know you’re going to love the experience as well! If you’re interested in enjoying everything we have to offer here in the off-season, we invite you to contact us to learn more and make your reservations today. An exceptional afternoon awaits!